The Information We Collect
iGgadeget.com may collect two types of information about users:
1 - Non-personally Identifiable Information.
This form of information does not identify a specific individual. When a visitor arrives at our site, we may collect the IP address, operating system and browser software used. An IP address (which is not the same as an e-mail address) can tell us the user's Internet service provider and, based on that, can suggest the geographic location of the connection. We also collect information about which pages are visited, the order in which they were visited, and which hyperlinks they 'click'.
Non-personally identifiable information also includes personally identifiable information of many people that has been aggregated to arrive at a general statistic; an example might be the number of female users who visit a particular part of the iGgadeget.com site in a particular week.
2 - Personally Identifiable Information.
Personally Identifiable Information is information that relates to an identified individual. In certain areas of the iGgadeget.com site - for example, when registering to become a member, or purchasing a product - we require you to supply personally identifiable information. The amount of information required depends on the area that you wish to use, but might include your name and email address.
iGgadeget.com does not control the acts of its users. You should be aware that, if you disclose personally identifiable information on a bulletin board or in a chat room, guest-book, or other forum, others may collect that information and use it to send you unsolicited e-mail from outside iGgadeget.com, or for other purposes. In the event that you encounter any iGgadeget.com user who is improperly collecting or using information about you or other users, please contact Info@iggadget.com
How We Use (and Do Not Use) the Information We Collect
1 - Non-personally identifiable information.
We use non-personally identifiable information in aggregate form to build higher-quality, more useful services by performing statistical analyses of users' activities, and by measuring demographics and interests regarding specific areas of the iGgadeget.com web site.
We also use the aggregate data to inform these third parties as to the number of people who have seen and clicked on links to their web sites. We collect non-personally identifiable information and aggregate it, in order to analyze general trends and usage patterns. This information helps us determine how our site is being used, helps us identify popular areas, and helps determine the effectiveness of our promotional activities. All of this lets us build higher-quality, more useful services. We provide statistical information based on this data to advertisers, affiliates, and other current and potential business partners.
2 - Personally identifiable information.
We may use this information in a number of ways:
- To customize various aspects of the iGgadeget.com site to your preferences.
- To pre-complete online forms. For example, if you have provided a shipping address, the iGgadeget.com system may automatically fill in that information on an order form. This is simply a convenience - no information is released to anyone unless you authorize its release, such as by clicking a 'Submit' button.
- To determine which advertisements or sponsor messages will appear on your screen.
- To send you iGgadeget.com product announcements and the like that we feel may be of interest to you. You may 'opt out' of receiving these materials should you wish (see below).
- As may be necessary to support the operation of the iGgadeget.com site, such as for billing, account maintenance, and record-keeping purposes.